Royals return for quick four-game homestand with Chicago09/13/2007 3:48 PM ET
KANSAS CITY -- The Kansas City Royals return to Kauffman Stadium next week for a four-game series against the Chicago White Sox. The series begins with a "Halfway to St. Paddy's Day" celebration that includes green Royals caps, a Royals Charities silent auction and an exclusive Irish-themed happy hour on Monday, Sept. 17. Fans will also enjoy the last T-Shirt Tuesday of the season - a Royals long sleeve T-shirt, featuring a fan-selected design.
Monday, Sept. 17 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 18 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Halfway to St. Paddy's Day Green Royals Caps: The first 20,000 fans will receive a green Royals ball cap, complete with a shamrock, as part of the club's "Halfway to St. Paddy's Day" celebration.
- "Halfway to St. Paddy's Day" Happy Hour: The Royals host a pre-game "Halfway to St. Paddy's Day" Happy Hour in the Brancato's Bullpen from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Along with a full Irish menu and discounted drink specials, the exclusive happy hour will also feature a performance by local Irish music favorite Flannigan's Right Hook. Access to the Happy Hour and Royals game may be purchased for either $35 per person for Field Box or Field Plaza Tickets (based upon availability) or $25 per person for Outfield Plaza Tickets. Fans can purchase the "Halfway to St. Paddy's Day" Celebration VIP package online at royals.com. Group orders of 10 or more may be purchased at special discount prices by calling Group Sales at (816) 504-4040. Also, all fans entering the stadium will enjoy the Tullintrain West Pipe Band.
- Royals Charities "Green Hat" Silent Auction: Royals Charities, the charitable arm of the Kansas City Royals, hosts a silent auction from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the concourse behind sections 101-102 at Kauffman Stadium. The auction will feature autographed game-worn, green St. Paddy's Day caps, worn by several of the Royals players for the team's March 17 Spring Training game in Surprise, Ariz. For a list and photos of the caps, go to royals.com.
Wednesday, Sept. 19 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- T-Shirt Tuesday - Royals Long Sleeve T-Shirt: The first 20,000 fans will receive a long sleeve T-shirt featuring the fan-selected EST. 1969/TRUE BLUE design. Fans chose the design by voting online at royals.com.
- College Night: For the last time this season, students put their books down and head to The K for College Night, where college and high school students score big with $5 Outfield Plaza tickets for Wednesday games all season long. Students will receive a $14 ticket for just $5 by showing their student I.D. College Night tickets are available for purchase only on the day of the game at Kauffman Stadium (no phone orders). Ticket windows open 90 minutes prior to game time.
- Dream Factory: The Royals grant the wish of a Dream Factory child, who faces a life-altering illness, with a unique game-day experience at the ballpark. The child's Royals experience will appear on the KMBC-TV (Channel 9) 10 p.m. newscast.
- Bell Featured at Legends Luncheon: Join Manager Buddy Bell at the final State Farm Legends Luncheon of the season. The event will be held at the Madrid Theater (3810 Main St. in Kansas City, Mo.) beginning with lunch at 11:30 a.m. Buddy will share the stage and trade baseball stories with fellow guest Joe Carter and hosts Al Fitzmorris and Willie Wilson. Proceeds from the event benefit the Buck O'Neil Education and Research Center. For ticket information, contact the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum at (816) 221-1920.
The schedule for the homestand is listed below:
Monday, Sept. 17 -- Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals 7:10 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 18 -- Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 19 -- Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals 7:10 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 20 -- Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals 1:10 p.m.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.