Royals Press Release
Royals announce Crown A Royal campaign & Royal blue balloting days at The K
KANSAS CITY, MO (April 20, 2012) – The Kansas City Royals launch the 2012 All-Star Game balloting campaign “Crown A Royal” at Kauffman Stadium tonight when the club hosts the Toronto Blue Jays at 7:10 p.m. Firestone All-Star ballots will be distributed in the middle of third inning during each Royals home game beginning tonight through Tuesday, June 12.
During 12 special Royal Blue Balloting Days, fans will be encouraged to vote for a chance to win great prizes. Plus, the first 200 fans to complete at least 100 All-Star ballots will receive an All-Star balloting sticker and royal blue Mardi Gras beads.
The grand prize for the person who fills out the most ballots during the entire Royal Blue Balloting Days campaign will represent all Royals fans at the MLB All-Star Week Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and will be the first fan to enter MLB All-Star FanFest at the Kansas City Convention Center on Friday, July 6.
The club’s official All-Star Balloting Station, where fans can pick up and turn in ballots before the end of the fourth inning of each designated Royals Blue Balloting Day, will be located at Gate E.
Royal Blue Balloting Days:
- Friday, April 20 vs. Toronto Blue Jays, 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday, April 21 vs. Toronto Blue Jays, 6:10 p.m.
- Sunday, April 22 vs. Toronto Blue Jays, 1:10 p.m.
- Friday, May 4 vs. New York Yankees, 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday, May 5 vs. New York Yankees, 6:10 p.m.
- Sunday, May 6 vs. New York Yankees, 1:10 p.m.
- Friday, May 18 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday, May 19 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 6:15 p.m.
- Sunday, May 20 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 1:10 p.m.
- Friday, June 1 vs. Oakland A’s, 7:10 p.m.
- Saturday, June 2 vs. Oakland A’s, 1:10 p.m.
- Sunday, June 3 vs. Oakland A’s, 1:10 p.m.
On these designated days, fans that complete at least 100 ballots will be entered into a raffle to win one of eight different Royals prizes or experiences:
- Batting practice tour on the field for four
- “Legends” tour of Kauffman Stadium
- Ceremonial First Pitch
- Outfield Experience party for 20
- Be a part of the Hot Dog Derby Race
- Be a part of the Teeny Weeny Race
- Autographed oversized All-Star ballot
- Autographed jerseys and baseballs
In addition to the in-stadium promotion, Royals fans can also cast their votes up to 25 times with the 2012 All-Star Game MLB.com Ballot. Online voters are eligible for an exclusive Royals ticket discount and will be entered into a sweepstakes drawing for a Kauffman Stadium Hall of Fame Suite for 20 guests during a 2012 regular season home game and a jersey signed by a 2012 Royals All-Star representative. Online voting is open now until Thursday, June 28.
For details on the Royal Blue Balloting Days or the 2012 All-Star Game, fans can visit www.royals.com/vote.