Royals Press Release
Broadcast Auction set for June 13
Fans Have Opportunity to Bid on Exciting Ballpark Experiences
Special Ticket Packages also Available for $99
KANSAS CITY, MO (May 29, 2012) – Royals Charities and FOX Sports Kansas City announced today details on its upcoming Broadcast Auction set for Wednesday, June 13.
The third annual on-air auction will give viewers the opportunity to bid on nine unique ballpark experiences. The auction begins at 6:30 p.m. during the Hy-Vee Royals LIVE pre-game show and continues throughout the game telecast. All proceeds from the event will benefit Royals Charities.
Fans will have an opportunity to support Royals Charities by phoning in bids for unique experiences including ceremonial first pitch honors, a suite night with George Brett, or private lessons with Bruce Chen, Alex Gordon or Eric Hosmer. Most experiences include game tickets in the BATS Crown Club.
Experiences scheduled to be auctioned off are listed below.
- Hitting Lessons with Eric Hosmer for Three
- Ceremonial First Pitch Honors with Opportunity to Run in the Kauffman Stadium Hot Dog Race
- Let’s Play Ball: Batting Practice Session at Kauffman Stadium for Six
- Suite Night with George Brett – Tuesday, June 26 vs. Tampa Bay Rays
- A Day with the Royals Broadcast Team
- Royals Starting Lineup of Bats: An autographed bat from each Royals starter
- Fielding Lessons with Alex Gordon for Three
- Be a Royals Executive for a Day: Visits with Dayton Moore, Dan Glass & Ned Yost; Clubhouse & Batting Practice Tour
- Pitching Lessons with Bruce Chen for Three
Bids may be placed that evening by calling (816) 504-4040. Fans are encouraged to visit www.royals.com/broadcastauction for complete package details.
In addition, Royals Charities will also offer a limited number of exclusive Royals ticket packages during the Broadcast Auction. Fans may purchase the package – valued at over $330 – for just $99 and choose from the following game dates:
- Friday, July 20 vs. Minnesota Twins – 7:10 p.m. (Fireworks Friday presented by Hy-Vee/Pepsi)
- Friday, August 3 vs. Texas Rangers – 7:10 p.m. (Retro Night, Mr. Royal Retro Lunchbox for the first 10,000 fans presented by FSKC, Fireworks Friday presented by Hy-Vee/Pepsi)
- Sunday, September 16 vs. Los Angeles Angels – 6:10 p.m. (Family FunDay Sunday presented by Radio Disney, Fun Run presented by Sprint)
Each package includes:
- Four Loge Box Tickets
- Royals T-Shirt
- Royals Blue Replica Jersey
- Four All-Day Passes for Outfield Experience Games
- Reserved Parking Pass