5/8/2013 12:26 P.M. ET
Homestand Highlights: May 10-12
Yankees Tickets Still Available; Pashmina Scarf Giveaway Highlights Mother's Day
By / MLB.com
KANSAS CITY, MO (May 8, 2013) - The Kansas City Royals return to Kauffman Stadium for a brief homestand against the New York Yankees. This three-game series will be the only time the Yankees play at Kauffman Stadium this season.
The homestand includes a couple of great giveaways with the MLB Network Bag on Saturday and the Pashmina Scarf on Mother's Day and features this season's first Summer Fireworks.
Friday, May 10 - New York Yankees vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 7:10 p.m.
- Summer Fireworks - Fans will enjoy a spectacular fireworks show, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, May 11 - New York Yankees vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 6:10 p.m.
- MLB Network Bag - The first 10,000 fans receive an exclusive MLB Network drawstring bag courtesy of MLB Network. (photo attached)
- 610 Saturdays - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special - Jalapeno Poppers for just $6.10 - in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch.
- BMT Awareness Night presented by The University of Kansas Hospital - The Royals and The University of Kansas Hospital will recognize survivors of complex cancers like leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma, as well as the expert physicians who use innovative stem cell transplants to save hundreds of lives each year. Also, fans can learn about "Be the Match®" and register to become a blood or bone marrow donor at Gate D prior to the game.
Sunday, May 12 - New York Yankees vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 1:10 p.m.
- Pashmina Scarf - In celebration of Mother's Day, the first 10,000 ladies receive an exclusive Royals Pashmina Scarf, courtesy of Diet Pepsi. (photo attached)
- Family FunDay Sunday - Each Sunday home game features face painters, caricature and balloon artists and live family-friendly entertainment in the Outfield Experience courtesy of Radio Disney. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that include four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes - over $150 in value - for just $80! www.royals.com/sunday.
- Fun Run presented by Sprint - All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.