6/19/2013 3:37 P.M. ET
Homestand highlights: June 21-26
Special Saturday Matinee Features Mustard Bobblehead Giveaway; Braves Make First-Ever Trip to Kauffman Stadium on June 25-26
By / MLB.com
KANSAS CITY, MO (June 19, 2013) - The Kansas City Royals return to Kauffman Stadium on Friday for a five-game homestand against the Chicago White Sox (June 21-23) and the Atlanta Braves (June 25-26). The two-game series marks Atlanta's first-ever visit to Kauffman Stadium.
Summer Fireworks will start the weekend when they follow Friday night's game. Throughout the homestand, fans will also be given plenty of opportunities to get great giveaways, including the return of Mystery Gift Cards from Rally House on Friday. Mustard, the second in the set of three condiment bobbleheads, will be given out during a special Saturday afternoon game, followed by another edition of T-Shirt Tuesday for the series opener against the Braves.
Friday, June 21 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· Mystery Gift Cards - The first 5,000 fans receive a mystery card with great discounts to Rally House. One lucky fan will receive a card worth $1,000 to be redeemed at any metro Rally House or Kansas Sampler location.
· Buck Night - Hot dogs, small Pepsi products and peanuts are just $1 each all night long. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
· Summer Fireworks - Fans will enjoy a spectacular fireworks show, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, June 22 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
· Mustard Bobblehead - The second of a set of three condiment bobbleheads will be given out to the first 10,000 fans, courtesy by Hy-Vee and Farmland (photo attached).
· 610 Saturdays - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special - Ground Beef Tacos for just $6.10 - in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, June 23 - Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
· Family FunDay Sunday - Each Sunday home game features face painters, caricature and balloon artists and live family-friendly entertainment in the Outfield Experience courtesy of Radio Disney. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that include four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes - over $150 in value - for just $80! www.royals.com/sunday.
· Fun Run presented by Sprint - All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Tuesday, June 25 - Atlanta Braves vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· T-Shirt Tuesday - The first 10,000 fans will receive a t-shirt highlighting "Big Game James" Shields, courtesy of James B. Nutter (photo attached).
Wednesday, June 26 - Atlanta Braves vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- INK Student Night - Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for all Wednesday home games for high school and college students with valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include a $7 hot dog and beverage special at the Boulevard Grill in the Outfield Experience.
- INK Local Music Showcase - Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday INK Student Night will also feature live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing to end the homestand is Beautiful Bodies. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.