7/1/2013 10:51 A.M. ET
Homestand Highlights: July 2-7
Royals Celebrate Independence Day with Fireworks Spectacular and Stars & Stripes Cap Giveaway; Special Saturday Matinee Features Salute to the KC A's
By / MLB.com
The Kansas City Royals return to Kauffman Stadium on Tuesday for a six-game homestand against the Cleveland Indians (July 2-4) and the Oakland Athletics (July 5-7). The club will salute America on Wednesday, July 3 with a special Independence Day Fireworks Spectacular and a Stars & Stripes Cap giveaway. Fans will see the return of the All You Can Eat Seats during the matinee game on Thursday, July 4.
On Friday night, July 5, fans can enjoy Buck Night and stay after the game to watch another edition of Summer Fireworks. Salute to the KC A's, which includes a Charlie O t-shirt giveaway, will take place during a Saturday matinee on July 6.
Tuesday, July 2 - Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, July 3 - Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Stars & Stripes Cap - In celebration of Independence Day, the first 10,000 fans receive an exclusive KC Stars & Stripes Cap, courtesy of Time Warner Cable. (photo attached)
- Fireworks Spectacular - Fans will enjoy a special Fourth of July fireworks extravaganza following the conclusion of the Indians vs. Royals game, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi.
- INK Student Night - Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for all Wednesday home games for high school and college students with valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include a $7 hot dog and beverage special at the Boulevard Grill in the Outfield Experience.
- INK Local Music Showcase - Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday INK Student Night will also feature live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Hearts of Darkness will entertain fans prior to the game against the Indians. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Thursday, July 4 - Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- All You Can Eat Seats - Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 - 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for $40 per seat! Individual and group discount tickets available. For details, visit www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
Friday, July 5 - Oakland Athletics vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Buck Night - Hot dogs, small Pepsi products and peanuts are just $1 each all night long. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
- Summer Fireworks - Fans will enjoy a spectacular fireworks show, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, July 6 - Oakland Athletics vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- Charlie O T-Shirt - In salute to Charlie O, the famous Missouri mule which owner Charlie Finley anointed as the team mascot while in Kansas City, the first 10,000 fans will receive a Charlie O t-shirt courtesy of FOX Sports Kansas City. (photo attached)
- Salute to the Kansas City A's - The Royals will salute the Kansas City A's by recognizing several former Kansas City A's players during a special pregame ceremony. In addition, fans will have an opportunity to take their photo with a Missouri mule outfitted with Charlie O's original blanket behind Rivals Sports Bar.
- 610 Saturdays - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special - Mini Hot Dogs for just $6.10 - in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, July 7 - Oakland Athletics vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- Family FunDay Sunday - Each Sunday home game features face painters, caricature and balloon artists and live family-friendly entertainment in the Outfield Experience courtesy of Radio Disney. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that include four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes - over $150 in value - for just $80! www.royals.com/sunday.
- Fun Run presented by Sprint - All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office. For more information, members of the media may contact the Royals Publicity Department at (816) 921-8000.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.