10/3/2013 9:08 A.M. ET
Royals TV ratings on FOX Sports Kansas City reach all-time high
Increase was biggest in baseball at 70 percent
By / MLB.com
Viewership for Kansas City Royals telecasts on FOX Sports Kansas City reached an all-time high in 2013. Ratings jumped 70 percent - the biggest increase in Major League Baseball.
The 143 regular season broadcasts on FOX Sports Kansas City averaged a 6.4 household rating, up from a 3.8 in 2012, according to Nielsen Media Research. The Royals ranked sixth among all clubs, up from 15th last season.
"It was a thrilling season," said FOX Sports Kansas City General Manager and Senior Vice President Jack Donovan. "It was apparent the entire year - from the offseason, to opening day, to game 162 - that there is a heightened level of excitement around Royals baseball that will continue well into the future."
Facts and Figures
· Biggest ratings increase in MLB local market TV ratings this season, up 70 percent.
· Highest season average ever for Royals cable telecasts, a 6.4 household rating.
· Highest-rated Royals game ever on FOX Sports Kansas City: Aug. 13 vs. Miami (12.3)
· Royals telecasts dominated Kansas City TV viewing in the summer, as FOX Sports Kansas City was the No. 1 channel in prime time on 45 nights from June through September.
· Royals ratings have increased each of the last three seasons.
All data is courtesy of Nielsen Media Research.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.