8/6/2014 3:26 P.M. ET
Homestand Highlights: August 8-14
Huskers Night set for August 9; Gordon Bobblehead, T-Shirt and KC Baseball History Poster highlight homestand giveaways
By / MLB.com
KANSAS CITY, MO (August 6, 2014) - The Kansas City Royals return to Kauffman Stadium for a seven-game homestand against teams from the West Coast as they host the San Francisco Giants (August 8-10) and Oakland Athletics (August 11-14). It will be San Francisco's first trip to Kauffman Stadium since 2008.
The Royals will celebrate Huskers Night on August 9 and will give away a bobblehead of University of Nebraska product Alex Gordon on August 10. Fans can also get great giveaways including another edition of T-shirt Tuesday (August 12) and a special edition Kansas City Baseball History poster (August 13). Please see below for more details.
Friday, August 8 - San Francisco Giants vs. Royals 7:10 p.m.
- Summer Fireworks - Fans will enjoy a spectacular fireworks show, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, August 9 - San Francisco Giants vs. Royals, 6:10 p.m.
- 610 Saturday - The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special - Buffalo Chicken Dip for just $6.10 - in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. For more information, visit www.royals.com/610saturday.
- Huskers Night - Supporters of The University of Nebraska can join fellow Huskers for a night of big league action presented by FOX Sports Kansas City and Rally House. To join fellow Huskers, fans can visit www.royals.com/huskers for details or to purchase discounted tickets. The first 6,000 Nebraska fans who bring their Huskers Night discounted ticket to the Huskers table located inside Hy-Vee Gate B will receive a limited edition red and white KC Royals Nebraska cap (photo attached). Gates open at 4:30 p.m. To reserve a group of 20 or more tickets, call (816) 504-4174.
Sunday, August 10 - San Francisco Giants vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- Alex Gordon Bobblehead - The first 10,000 fans will receive a bobblehead of three-time Gold Glove Award winner Alex Gordon, presented by Pepsi (photo attached).
- Cruise to the K Classic Car Show - The Royals host the fifth annual Cruise to The K Classic Car Show and Exhibit. Participating car enthusiasts will have the opportunity to see their cars on the warning track during pregame ceremonies. Cars will also be on display in Lot A throughout the day. Cruise to the K participants may purchase a special ticket package that includes entrance into the contest, two tickets to the game, a parking pass, commemorative t-shirt and dash plaque for just $30 (advance purchases). To register, please visit www.royals.com/carshow. To reserve a group of 10 or more tickets, which includes scoreboard recognition and block seating, call (816) 504-4167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family FunDay Sunday - Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment by School of Rock, plus face painters, caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. New this season, fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs from select players each Sunday. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that includes four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise and four All-Day Play Passes - over $150 in value - for just $80! For more information, visit www.royals.com/sunday.
- Sunday Fun Run - All fans 14 and under can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Monday, August 11 - Oakland Athletics vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Value Monday - All Hy-Vee Level tickets, excluding Hy-Vee Box, are just $8 courtesy of Hy-Vee. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Tuesday, August 12 - Oakland Athletics vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- T-shirt Tuesday - The first 10,000 fans will receive a special white Kauffman Stadium themed design t-shirt, courtesy of Sport Clips (photo attached).
- Dynamic Deal - Don't let the end of summer stop you from coming out to The K! On this day, the Royals are offering $10 Field Plaza tickets and $5 Hy-Vee Infield Tickets. Fans can take advantage of this special deal via the Kauffman Stadium Box Office, Royals.com or calling 1-800-6ROYALS.
Wednesday, August 13 - Oakland Athletics vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Student Night presented by INK Magazine - Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $8. Select tickets are also available online at www.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include pregame food and beverage specials available at the Crown Classic concession area.
- Local Music Showcase presented by INK Magazine - Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing during this showcase will be the band, Hearts of Darkness. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
- Kansas City Baseball History Poster - The first 10,000 fans will receive a poster, courtesy of Pittcraft Printing and Sprint, featuring Kansas City's A's yearbook covers that celebrate Major League Baseball history in the city (photo attached).
Thursday, August 14 - Oakland Athletics vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- GordoNation - Fans can enjoy being a part of GordoNation, a special seating section in left field that will be reserved for die-hard Alex Gordon fans on Thursday home games throughout the season. The first 100 GordoNation fans will also receive an Alex Gordon big head. Tickets cost $35 and come with a gold GordoNation t-shirt (photo attached). For details, visit www.royals.com/gordonation.
- All You Can Eat Seats - Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 - 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for $40 per seat! Individual and group discount tickets are available. For details, visit www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.