Coaching Career: Enters his third season with San Diego and his first on the Major League coaching staff after serving the last two seasons as the organization's infield coordinator.
• Came to San Diego after spending the previous five seasons with the Kansas City Royals, most recently as the club's third base coach from 2011-13.
• Joined the Royals as a special assignment coach in October 2008 and served in that capacity in 2009 before joining the Major League staff in 2010 as first base coach before moving over to third base in 2011.
• Prior to his time with the Royals, served two seasons with the Seattle Mariners organization as first base coach in 2008 and manager of Double-A West Tennessee in 2007.
• From 2004-06, spent three seasons as bench coach for the Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals.
• From 2001-03, served on the coaching staff of the Arizona Diamondbacks, first as first base coach in 2001 and later third base from 2002-03.
• Spent the 2000 season managing the Queens Kings of the New York-Penn League in the Toronto Blue Jays system… served as third base coach in 1998 for the Blue Jays.
• Began his coaching career and spent 15 seasons in theAngels organization from 1983-97…served as player/coach in 1984 with Waterbury and a player/manager in 1986 with Quad Cities…also managed Quad Cities from 1987-89 and Midland in 1990…worked three seasons as the Angels' minor league roving defense coordinator from 1991-93 and four seasons as infield coordinator from 1994-97.
• Served as a coach on the 2000 U.S. Olympic baseball team that won the gold medal in Sydney…also managed the 2009 U.S. team at the Baseball World Cup in Europe, bringing home the gold medal.
PLAYING CAREER: Selected by the Minnesota Twins in the 1977 draft, but did not sign...was selected by the Baltimore Orioles in the January phase of the 1978 draft ... Played six seasons in the minors as an infielder, hitting .236 with 33 stolen bases.
PERSONAL: Eduardo Rodriguez resides in Miami, Fla...he has one son, Joshua...Graduated from Miami (Fla.) High in 1977 and attended Miami Dade South Junior College...Served as a coach on the 2000 U.S. Olympic baseball team than won the gold medal in Sydney...Also managed the 2009 U.S. squad at the Baseball World Cup in Europe, bringing home the gold medal.